What makes Optimum Control better than the rest?
Optimum Control Software is designed to be an easy-to-use Restaurant Management software to help owners maximize profits by being able to calculate recipe costs, cut down on waste, reduce staff hours and track inventory more effectively.
- • Determine the exact unit cost for every case size purchased
- • Setup case sizes by answering a few simple questions
- • Yield trimmed items without creating a recipe
- • Indicate the expected yield of each prep and batch recipe
- • Find the true cost per portion for all recipes
- • Include detailed preparation instructions along with pictures of the recipe
- • Add sub-recipes as ingredients
- • Calculate selling price based on target cost percentage
- • Link recipes to your POS System to identity theoretical usages
- • Recipe costs are updated as ingredient prices changes
- • Count inventory by full case, split case and even recipe units
- • Enter counts for as many locations per item as needed
- • Customize count sheets to match your storage locations
- • Format count sheets by location, group or even category
- • Count one or more case sizes for each item
- • Detail amounts of batch recipes on hand
- • Perpetual counts stored for non-key items
- • Import counts from a mobile device
- • Re-date an inventory entered for the wrong date
- • Adjust counts with full audit history
- • Value inventory using FIFO, Last Cost or Average Cost
- • Review Counts and Values
- • Count using a PDA (OC Mobile) or scan barcodes for quick entry
- • Create templates for commonly ordered items
- • Order from multiple suppliers at once
- • Export orders to many popular suppliers
- • Request bids from all suppliers simultaneously
- • Pick suppliers based on last supplier or best bid prices
- • Track bids on every case size purchasable
- • Verify orders with a receiving docket
- • Choose the correct case size for the order
- • Create forecasted orders based on per day usage, sales volume or present par levels
- • Order by full or split cases
- • Update or overwrite prices as you enter the invoice
- • Create an invoice by receiving an order
- • Export purchase transactions to many popular accounting systems
- • Request a credit for stock return
- • Apply taxes and adjustments to the cost of purchased items
- • Update stock levels instantly
- • Know that an invoice will only save when balanced
- • Price changes flow through to all recipes
- • Purchase an items in multiple case sizes
- • Know which case sizes are purchased regularly
- • Create templates for routine purchases
- • Search by name or order code
- • Import invoices electronically from supplier with our Invoice Import Module
- • Import item sales from most POS systems
- • Optional manual entry from customizable till tape lists
- • Identifies ay changed buttons or additional menu items on the POS
- • Daily Sales report—Detail sales per category
- • Detail daily deposits and financial information
- • Itemize Waste by raw item or finished recipe
- • Automatic sales entry via OC Sales Export Utility for many popular POS Systems
- • Over 70 Reports available organized by category
- • Generate reports with just a few simple clicks of a mouse
- • Filter reports to see the information you want
- • Export reports to many popular file formats
- Popular Reports include:
- Usage Summary—Actual versus theoretical usage on every item in your inventory
- Item Activity—Displays perpetual inventory quantities and values
- Purchase Summary—Identify what was purchased from which supplier and how much you paid
- Cost Analysis—Analyze cost of sales trends for up to four periods
- Budget Variance—Identifies actual versus budgeted values per GL account
- Menu Engineering—Analyze the profitability and popularity of all menu items
Catering and Event Management
- • Detail event time, serve time and duration
- • Base quote on selling price, cover price or even cost of sales percentage
- • Extract stock from inventory once event is complete
- • Print a confirmation so the client can sign off
- • Display any special instructions required
- • Keep a detailed file of all events
- • Print a shopping list for each event
- • View a scaled listing of all preps required
- • Automatically create an order ready to upload to suppliers
Nutrition and Allergens
- • Link ingredients to the USDA and Canadian Nutritional Databases.
- • Enter Nutritional information directly from labels
- • Create Nutritional labels for preps and products
- • Run a report for all Allergens in your products
- • Calculate selling price based on target cost percentage.
- • Link recipes to your POS system to identify theoretical usages.
- • Your recipe costs get updated as ingredient prices change.
- • Determine the exact unit cost for every case size purchased.
Save time and Labor Costs
- • Are you using spreadsheets to calculate recipe costs and track inventory? Optimum control will eliminate the time spent using spreadsheets drastically. Condense everything into one easy to use program.
- • OC Sales Export Utility saves on the time spent manually entering your POS sales.
- • The Invoice Import Module electronically imports your invoices from your suppliers in seconds.
- • OC Mobile allows you to count inventory from a mobile device instead of using count sheets.
- • OC Labor Pro allows you to create budgets using projected revenue and projected covers per labor hour.
Get the information you need to run your business
- • Generate over 70 reports at just the click of a button.
- • Filter reports to see the information you want and need to see.
- • Pick suppliers based on best price.
- • The Budget Variance Report will identify Actual versus Budgeted values for every GL Account.
- • The Menu Engineering Report analyzes the profitability and popularity of all menu items.
- • No computer experience? No Problem! If you know the food industry, you know Optimum Control.
- • Setup case sizes by answering a few simple questions.
- • Yield trimmed items without creating a recipe.
- • Use duplicate function for similar items.
- • Be up and going within a few days.
- • Database customization available.
Know your recipe costs and cost of sales
- • Find out if you are charging the right prices for each of your menu items.
- • Indicate the expected yield of each prep and batch recipe.
- • Find the true cost per portion for all recipes.
- • Include detailed prep instructions.